Curriculum – PRIMARY SCHOOL
A child from the lap of a mother comes to our school which provides the child with an environment where the child is allowed to freely express herself than being repressed.
At the tender age nature is the biggest source of learning and is utilized to allow the child to bloom.
The pre primary curriculum is an activity based approach to helps the child grow as an individual that lives in harmony with nature and beings rather than flooding the young mind with information. Play way method, small projects that allow the child to understand the environment better allow the children to explore and learn. We believe to teach the learner as little as possible and induce him to discover as much as possible.
Our curriculum focuses on activity based learning and learning by doing. Our lessons are well planned and supplemented with the – 4 e’s
- i. experience
- ii. experiments
- iii. explorations
- iv. Educational Trips
providing the students with the opportunity to observe, explore and interact with the environment thus encouraging them to discover and develop an understanding about the same.
- i. The curriculum is contextual and flexible with main stress on development of communication skills all through the year various plays, dramas, competition etc. which invalues hundred percent participation is ensured.
- ii. The core subjects taught are:
English, Hindi, Math and EVS till class II.
- iii. In class III and IV EVS is segregated as Science and Social Studies.
- iv. Other subjects :- G.K, Computers, Robotics, P.T., Tennis, Skating, Art, Western Dance, Western Music, Indian Dance, Indian Music, Instrumental Music as mandatory subjects.
- v. In this fast moving materialistic world it is essential to inculcate good moral values like honesty, truthfulness, tolerance, sincerity, courtesy etc. Special focus is laid on Value Education in these formative years and it is integrated into the curriculum.
LEARNING BY DOING
- i. Students interact with children from slums, educate them and donate their books, uniforms and toys to them.
- i.There is no formal testing in classes Pre School to Class IV.
- ii. Promotion is granted on the basis of the all round progress of the child during the year.
- iii. Continuous comprehensive evaluation is carried out through observations, activities and assignments.
- iv. No student is detained upto Class IV unless the school and the parents decide to do so in the best interest of the child.
- i. At K.R. Mangalam, Vikas Puri, we believe in imparting quality education that goes beyond text book teaching and develops critical thinking, problem solving and decision making in the students
We constantly devise, modify and evaluate the classroom and teaching strategy to formulate the best education for any child. Our main objectives are:
- i. To foster intellectual, emotional, physical, social, and aesthetic development of the students.
- ii. To provide a curriculum that integrates academics with co-curricular activities and sports.
- iii. To enable our students to be independent and confident.
- iv. To help students realize and discover their true potential.
- v. To imbibe values in students and provide education for life.